Saturday, April 4, 2009

Weekend Update

Friday I worked from home.  I had to sit and wait for our patio furniture to arrive.  It arrived! - and looks awesome!  I'll post before/after pictures soon.  Friday night A and I stayed in and watched the 3rd Indiana Jones movie.  (My FAV Indiana Jones movie!!)  Sean Coney, who I am not a fan of at all, was AMAZING in that movie.  Who knew the 3rd movie would be so funny? Did he win any awards for that movie?  I sure hope so, maybe i'll look up....

Saturday we had a lazy morning, ran some errands, and then did some wine tasting with our friend cbro.  Not that anyone cares about the specifics, but i'd like to have them in writing for my future reference.  

Brian Carter - Great wine! We LOVE their Byzance - Southern France, Rhone-style blend. At $32 a bottle, it's a little pricey but delicious never the less.

Hollywood Hills- Very nice wines.  I felt the bottles were a little overpriced for the quality but it was a pleasant tasting.  (note to self: parents would like this one as there is a cute wine shop around the corner as well as a huge nick-nack store nearby as well.)

J Bookwalter- They had a $10 tasting fee refundable with purchase.  The fee was a little high (most are $5) but they offered 7 tastings.  All wines were good.  I loved 2 of their cabs but not worth the $30+ price tag.  We bought their Subplot No. 22. - 31% Cabernet Sauvignon, 22% Merlot, 18% Malbec, 14% Cabernet Franc, 10% Syrah, 5% Petit Verdot.

Woodhouse Family Cellers- Always a favorite of ours.  They were the ones that introduced us to a Malbec and it was love at first pour!  They had just released their 2003 Malbec so we had to go try it.  It's probably no surprise that we loved it and just had to take home a bottle and welcome it to the family :)

Silverlake- Huuuge winery and tasting room.  It was a little confusing as they were offering several tastings.  We read the different tasting options and decided on the Silverlake Reserve Tasting.  The wines were not impressive and the staff was a little stand off-ish.  I don't think we will be back here.

Matthew Cellers- We almost missed this tasting room on the way back home.  It's almost in the middle of no where.  Their wines were great, but I have to mention their 2005 Red Mountain Syrah.  This wine brought tears to my eyes!  I think it's the best wine i've ever drank thus far in my life.  I was in LOVE!  I was in awe that a Syrah so be so smooth and have such a long finish.  It was beautifully and perfectly crafted as if the grapes were stolen out of Heaven.  So, you want to hear that A bought me a case and we lived happily ever after, right?  At a whopping $55 a bottle, I had to leave my new friend, with a saddened heart.  How could I possibly justify spending $55 on this glorious work of art?  I wouldn't want to open it.. I couldn't bare to drink it!  So, if any billionaire friends or relatives are reading this, and you feel the need to blow $660 on a case of wine for me, by all means....  :D  I'd gratefully and humbly accept your offer ;)

After wine tasting, we broke in our patio furniture with some cigars and some grill fired-pizza. Then watched the newest Indiana Jones movie that came out last year.  A little too si-fi for my taste but interesting never the less. 

Sunday was a GORG!  70 degrees.  We did a lot of yard stuff outside with time left for me to soak in the sun.  I got a little pink YAY!  

Back to work on Monday.... I have 4 people coming in from India that I will be training all week.  Its going to be a long week but great exposure for me.  Hopefully all this hard work will get me a nice lil' promotion this fall!  Here's to hoping!!  :D

No comments:

Post a Comment