Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Cooking for my husband pt. 1

The husband and I are on different schedules this month.  Monday and Wed are the days where I get home late and Tuesday and Thursday are the days where A gets home late.

Tonight, I decided to bless my husband by cooking for him.  I figured after a long day at work and a hard workout, he'd be tired and not want to cook.  (for those of you who don't know, A is the cook in the family, and I clean up after the cook!)  So, I made dinner tonight.

I decided to make a goat cheese stuffed breaded chicken breast with asparagus.  It's actually quite a healthy meal. 

This is what it ended up looking like.  It was FANTASTIC if I don't say so myself!  No offense to my wonderful husband but it was the BEST goat cheese stuffed chicken breast i've EVER had!  

I have decided that i'm going to continue to bless him; once a week I will cook for him for a month.  3 more meals to cook.  Stay tuned....


ps.  as of now, the kitchen has NOT been cleaned.  I wonder if he'll keep up his end of the "I cook, you clean" deal.  We'll see... :)

Update:  The kitchen was cleaned!! Yay for awesome husbands!


5/7/09:  Here is the recipe:

Serves 2
Ingredients:
-2 boneless chicken breasts

For stuffing:
-2oz soft goat cheese
-1 tsp softened butter (optional)
-1 tsp freshly cut chives 
-1 tsp minced parsley leaves  
-1 tsp fresh thyme
-juice of 1/2 lemon
-1/2 tsp fresh garlic
-Salt and pepper to taste
-Secrete Ingredient= 2oz Compte Cheese (can be found in speciality cheese sections)

For Breading:
-1/3 cup egg whites or egg beaters
-1/2 cup Panko bread crumbs (regular bread crumbs works too, it's just not as good)

Directions: 
Pre head oven to 425 degrees F

Cut a deep pocket on the thick side of the chicken, about 3/4 the way down.  Be careful not to cut through the other side of the chicken.

In a small bowl, add all of the stuffing ingredients (except the Compte) and mix together. Divide batter in 1/2 and stuff chicken breast.  Add the Compte cheese on top of batter.  Close shut.

Dip both sides of chicken breast in egg batter, then Panko crumbs and place on baking sheet.

Bake for 20-25 minutes or until completely cooked.  

Serve with your favorite veggies!  Enjoy! :)


2 comments:

  1. mmmm, that sounds DELICIOUS! put up a recipe, please!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Emily! Sure, i'll post it :)

    ReplyDelete