Friday, April 24, 2009

Cooking for my husband pt.2

Week 2, dinner 2 of 4.  If you recall, I decided to cook for my husband for the next four weeks, once a week.  

Last night I decided to make a Cobb Salad.  Nothing fancy, I know, but it's a lot of prep work getting all the ingredients together, and then some more work to make the salad look nice. Here is the finished salad:

Ingredients from left to right: butter lettuce underneath, avocado, almond crusted chicken breast, blue cheese, cucumbers, bacon, hard boiled egg and tomatoes.

I topped it all off with a lime vinaigrette.  It was DELICIOUS and more importantly, A loved it!

I paired the salad with a white wine from The Magnificent Wine Co.  They are a local winemaker in Walla Walla that we will be visiting in June who makes fantastic wines!

This wine is a chardonnay blend:  79% Chardonnay, 6% Muscat Caneli, 5% Pinot Grigio, 5% Gewurztaniner, and 5% Riesling.  It was delicous!

I've got two more meals to prepare.  Anyone have any suggestions or good receipes to share?!

3 comments:

  1. Anything you make with love tastes like rainbows and gum drops. *aww*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Salad looked so yummy! I would love your lime vinaigrette recipe. Care to share.
    mom :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sure, It's simple. Some rice wine vinagar (white wine vinagar would would too), olive oil, 1 lime a person, and some salt and paper. Wisk together and serve! :)

    ReplyDelete