Monday, March 23, 2009

Weekend Update

This weekend went by so quickly! It was wonderful to catch up on some much needed sleep and getting to sleep in without the alarm waking me up. I do feel very relaxed this gray and slightly cool Monday morning.

Friday night, Aaron and I went to Tap House Grill for dinner. They have a little bit of everything there from sushi to pasta and steaks. We love this restaurant because of the 160 beers on tap, along with the chic yet comfy atmosphere. We started with a bottle of Placido Pinot Gris and "Volcano Goat Cheese". It was a plate with two mounds of slightly melted of goat cheese, floating on top of a spicy marinara sauce, served with crispy toast. It was DELICIOUS! mmm... The wine was great too; very crisp and refreshing. For dinner, Aaron ordered the Spicy Jambalaya Linguine and I ordered the Chicken Brest Caprese (chicken stuffed with sundried tomatoes, fresh mozzarella and basil with a Pinot Grigio glaze). Both meals were very delicious. We would definitely order them again. Then, if dinner weren't enough, we found that our car had taken us to Cold Stone Creamery. As I had mentioned previously, SOOO worth every calorie. I only ate about 1/4th of the birthday cake with cookie dough and whipped cream like it size, but rest assured that the rest of it got eaten the following day :)

Saturday, after waking up around noon, Aaron and I had some coffee and a fab breakfast sandwich. Once our food had settled, we hoped on our mountain bikes to burn off last nights calories. This was the first time we've ridden our bikes together so it was a lot of fun. My legs were really killing me after my tough workout class on Thursday and then my run on Friday so we weren't out as long as we would have liked but it was getting cold anyway, so we turned around and headed for home. When we got home, Aaron mowed the lawn and I went to Costo. Oh the joys of adult-hood. I supose it can't be ALL play all the time. We also went to REI to pick up a few new things. Water bottles, holders for said water bottles, and bike gloves for Aaron; 16oz pink nalgene, bike pack, and foam roller for me. We went home, had dinner, and watched Madagascar 2. Cute movie!

We spend all day Sunday shopping for patio furniture. We were successful!! We found a great deal on a 6 piece set - a love seat, two club chairs, two ottomans, and a coffee table. (picture on left). We had to get it ordered, so it will arrive in a few weeks. It'll look great with our new fire pit.Once we get a few little accessories and our new outdoor space will up and running. (now if only the weather will perk up a bit). I'll post before/after pictures as soon as it's done. We ended the night with some home made pizza and Kung Foo Panda - another cute movie!



Ahhh, now it's Monday, another work week ahead of me... at least I have something WONDERFUL to look forward to on Wednesday!! More on that later....

3 comments:

  1. I really like the patio furniture. It looks really stylish and cool. It's going to look great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why thank you! You'll have to come back to visit and check it out in person :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yea for mountain bikes! Unfortunately, I broke up with mine over the weekend. It needs to think about what it did and decide if it can treat me right! Hopefully we'll get back together soon...we do have so much fun together...

    ReplyDelete