Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Weekend Update

I had an absolutely wonderful weekend! Florida was gorgeous with hot, sunny 80 degree days. I arrived late Thursday night. Stacy and Jeff picked me up from the airport and I couldn't believe how gorgeous Stacy looked! That's when it really hit me: "Stacy is pregnant!" We drove back to their house, chatted for a bit and went to sleep. Because of the 3 hour time change, I had a hard time falling asleep. I didn't get much sleep that night because we woke up early on Friday to go to Stacy's doctor appt. I got to hear Owen's heartbeat and it was beautiful! We then went downtown, had some coffee and went to lunch. Stacy got a kick out of the fact that while eating outside, I was the ONLY one in the sun... everyone else was eating under the umbrella in the shade. I probably could not have stood out more at that point, but I didn't care... I was going to enjoy the sun as long as possible. I got a little sun burnt that day but it wasn't bad. Carley came in Friday evening, so we picked her up from the airport, and then Jeff and Stacy took us out to this wonderful Mexican dinner. It was delicious!

Saturday was the baby shower. Carley and I left the house at 8:00 am to get our shopping done. We needed the pick up some presents, decorations, the cake, flowers... etc. After our shopping was done, we went to Stacy's brothers house to set up before the guests arrived. The party was fabulous! It was great to meet stacy's friends and get to know then a little bit. We ate, played a few games, and opened presents. She got a lot of really fun things! :D

One really special gift she received was from our friend Christina. She's currently a missionary in Africa and was unable to attend this weekend. She sent Stacy a beautiful plaque that was hand carved by a local there. We all cried a little when she opened it. It was such a special gift!!! In the words of Carley: "It even SMELLS like Africa!" :)

After the shower we went to the beach to watch the sunset. It was so beautiful. Carley left Sunday and I left Monday. It was a wonderful, relaxing weekend. Stacy and Jeff were wonderful hosts and we had a blast. Owen will be born soon and I can't wait to come back and meet him!





I miss you girls already!!! XOXO



1 comment:

  1. I love it!!! I can't wait to see more pics! What a beautiful post you wrote! I am so blessed to have you in my life, and I know Owen will be too!
    -Stacy

    ReplyDelete