Wednesday, June 3, 2009

It's getting hot in here....

It has been SOOO hot here this week!  Today reached 90 degrees and mind you, I have no AC.  Many Seattleites don't own AC because historically there is no need for them.  Seattle is a pretty temperate climate which is one of the reasons I love it here so much.  In the summer, it typically ranges from 65-85 never really getting hotter than that.  The surrounding mountains create a nice breeze for us as well.  There is however one week in the summer where it reaches upwards of 100 degrees, so we deal for that week without AC and usually spend a lot of time that week in the pool and at the movie theatre.

So, it's pretty strange to me that it's hardly June and it's already hit 90 degrees.  What does that mean for the rest of the summer?  Am I going to need to buy a mini window AC unit?  I sure hope not...

As I mentioned, it was REALLY hot today, so when A got home from work and asked what I wanted for dinner, All I could think of was popsicles or ice!  lol.  He really did one better though....

A whipped up some grilled chicken with a mango salsa.  It was so good and refreshing, with just the right mix of sweet and spicy!  He also made a mini cucumber salad with mint and feta cheese.  It was served chilled which was so cool and refreshing.  Lastly, finished off with some homemade flat bread!  

I was so impressed, and the dinner was SO good, I spent half the time praising his food.  I really couldn't get enough!  mmm...

So, despite the brutal heat, here's to awesome husbands that good amazing food!

1 comment:

  1. Looks amazing and so delicious. I want some!!!!
    Can I PLEASE have the recipe for the mango salsa and cucumber salad, if he is willing to share with the rest of us!
    Stay cool!!!
    MOm

    ReplyDelete