Tuesday, June 9, 2009

"I want to be a producer" pt.2

YAY! I got a second interview with the radio station. Who knew?! There were 40 people who went to the first interview and they narrowed it down to 10 people, including me.

To be honest, I'm REALLY excited and I think this would be an AMAZING job, however at the moment my concerns are outweighing my excitement. I'm really concerned about the hours... I'd have to be at the studio at 5am, run the show from 6-10am and some prep work following the show. If you know me, you know that I'm NOT a morning person at all. I don't wake up until at least 8:00am and that's REALLY REALLY early for me. I'm also concerned about the pay and vacation time. I don't think I'll be offered nearly as much as I was making when I worked for MS, and I'm pretty sure I'll only get 1 week of vacation vs. the 3 weeks I had. Not to mention that my insurance probably will not be awesome.

*le sigh*

I'm just taking one moment at a time. I could be worrying for no reason. I could not even get hired. I'm just really excited for the potential!

Do any of my readers happen to be or know radio people? I could use some advise or some confirmation on the pay and benefits!

As always, I'll keep ya'll updated!

2 comments:

  1. Umm "le job" is better than "no le job". I am sure it was have some benifits you don't even know about yet. Every jobs has to good points and the bad points, unless it really sucks ;) But 40 people tried so it can't be that bad. Do it up! SURLY, you must remain excited...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am excited, very excited. Thanks for the perspective :)

    ReplyDelete