Thursday, July 2, 2009

Organizing the Cellar


When we got home from Wine Country, we were excited to put all our bottles away. However, there really wasn't any rhyme or reason to how they were arranged so A and I decided to get little more organized.

We first took all the wine out of the cellar and started labeling them. We went online to find the prices and the wineries that they came from. We also did a little research into when was a good time to drink the wines or if we should let them age a little. A snapped a pic of me in all my glory surrounded by all my little liquid loves!

Each wine now has a label looking like the one of the left. The first line is the winery (or person) that we got it from, followed by when we received it, the price and and time range in which we should drink it.

We then arranged the wine back in the cellar according to drinkability time. I also added little colored stars to the tops of the bottle to indicate price range. This way I can gauge really quick of I want to grab an expensive or cheap bottle.

I know, I should be all techno-geek and have an excel spreadsheet and track this all on my computer, but I'm so O.C.D. that I would need to always print off fresh copies and our printer is currently out of order due to the price of ink. So, the old fashioned way will work just fine for now.


The Cellar BEFORE


The Cellar AFTER

Wine Celler Bottle Count: 66!

No comments:

Post a Comment