Sunday, July 19, 2009

Tutorial: How To..

...spruce up your guest bedroom for under $100. We start with the "before"; blank white walls. B-O-R-I-N-G!!

I went to Bed Bath & Beyond and found some great floating shelves for only $30 but sprinkle in a 20% off coupon and they drop down to $24.00. But wait, upon further examination, found a small scratch on one of the shelves (that can easily be covered up with a cute accessory - no one will ever know...shhh!). Good negotiation skills + batting eye lashes = and extra 10% off making your grand total for 5 shelves only $21.00!!

Then I just mixed in a few odd and end accessories that were collecting dust in the back of a closet and VOILA! you have instant decor to make any guest room feel more like home!



The accessory choice does need a little rearranging and perhaps replacing but for now it will do.

For the 3rd wall, I went to a local craft store that has some lovely frames. It just so happened to be my day when the frames I wanted were Buy 1 Get 1 Free, making them only $5 a frame! (a savings of $40)

Luckily I still had last years poster, so I choose 8 pictures that I liked, cut them up, stuck them in a frame, and hung them on the wall.
So there you have it, a little bedroom face lift coming in around $60.

My next project is a headboard for above the bed. Time to think crafty.

No comments:

Post a Comment