Sunday, May 3, 2009

Weekend Update

This weekend was absolutely glorious!!  Friday was perfectly sunny and got to the upwards of 80 degrees.  A and I played hookie from work.  (I'm starting to see  a pattern of me not working on Fridays... hehehehe).  I ran a bunch of errands while A got a little work done.  Then we went to this amazing mexican restaurant in downtown Kirkland called Cactus.  It's been featured by Rachel Ray and listed in many magazines and newspapers.  That's not why we went, we went cause it's good.  period.

Then, off to do some geocaching.  We had a pretty successful day getting 3 of the 4 caches.  We came home to do some more gardening (I pretty much just soaked in the sun).  A planted bok choy, two different kinds of onions, rutabagas, two different kinds of beans, peas, cucumbers, dill, parsley and some chives.  Yay for getting our garden started!!!

We ended Friday night with some home made pizza and  a movie, Syriana.  

Saturday we went fishing all day.  The picture on the left is where we went.  It was BEAUTIFUL!  A caught 2 little perch fish, too small to keep.  I didn't catch any but it was still a lot of fun!!  It will definitely be part of our summer activities!

All that fishing made me hungry for some seafood so A made us a wonderful Salmon dinner as we watched Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil.  Never seen it before- GREAT movie!  I highly recommend it.

Saturday was also the day that my 2nd brother (kinda), Brian proposed to his gf!  Contrats Bri!!

Sunday was a day of caching for me!  5 of 5 today!  I ROCKED it! :D  A stayed home to do some more garden stuff and cleaned out the garage.  Then... we had a quick lunch and off to fish again! A and I both caught little trout this time!  Once again, too little to keep :(  We'll switch up our location next time in hopes to get some bigger fish to bring home and eat.

A and his little trout


Me and my trout.  Looks bigger than it actually was.  And yes, completely freaked out because it was flapping all around like... well... a fish out of water!  :P

No comments:

Post a Comment