Friday, May 22, 2009

It could be worse

I've been feeling really depressed lately.  I've been having back problems that have been causing me a lot of pain.  Because of this, my Chiropractor tells me to cool it on the work-outs this week.  I've really been enjoying my workouts, seeing results, and feeling great!  Not being able to work out for a whole week is going to be tough!  In addition, this job loss is really hitting me hard.  What's so wrong with me that my company had to let me go?  Am I not a good worker?  Do I not add value?  Do they not see worth in what I do?  I think it's this combo that has really gotten me down.

It's these times that I need to count my blessings and not give into the depression.  For one, A still has a great job and is trying hard to succeed.  (i'm so proud of him!)  We dont have any debt, and in fact have a little bit of savings that we can use if times get tough.  I have two beautiful furry children that show nothing but unconditional love!  And my back problem is only temporary and hopefully I'll recover in no time!

As bad as things are right now, they COULD be a whole lot worse.  We don't have to stand in line for food... We aren't going to lose our house and have to go live with our parents.  I have an amazing husband who is still making good money who will be keeping up afloat until I can find work again.  And at least i'm not pregnant with triplets!  hah!  In the grand scheme of things, we're doing ok!

I just needed to write that all out to give myself some perspective.  :)

In other news, Jen is coming to visit this weekend... We're going to have a great time enjoying the beautiful Seattle weather and it'll be nice to have some family around! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment