Monday, February 23, 2009

Weekend Update

It surely was a beautiful weekend! Saturday reached around 60 degrees and Aaron and I decided to choose a bike path near our house and go for a nice bike ride. Well, I rode my bike and Aaron rollerbladed since his bike is being ordered. There are so many bike trails in the Seattle area that I have a feeling our butt's will be glued on our bikes all summer.

Aaron and I are new at the sport. We've been wanting to get bikes for the longest time and finally for Valentines Day, he got me one! We ordered him one as well, a Cannondale F9.

And, of course, we had to buy all the fun acessories. Who wouldn't have fun ridding with a helmet like this? We also bought a water bottles and a car rack. Fun!






We then went to a couple wineries. We first stopped at Senoj and tried their two new wines that will be released next spring. The first one we tried was their 2006 Passport which is a Bordeaux style blend with 70% Cabernet Sauvignon, blended with Merlot, Cabernet Franc, Malbec and Petite Verdot. It was pretty good wine with nice tannins and a smooth finish but I prefer the 2005 Passport. It retails for $30/bottle. A little more than I'd like to spend.


Next was the 2008 Malbec. Some of the wine was bottled for the tasting this weekend but it's still aging in the barrel. It was terribly young but already had a lot of complex flavors. I could really see the potential in the wine and knew it would be fantastic in several years. If we bought some wine that day, we'd get 30% off. WHAT A DEAL! So, we bought 2 bottles of the Malbec but won't have it in our hands until Spring 2010. Their 2006 Malbec sold out so fast, as they only made 70 cases, so it was worth the "pre-order".

3 comments:

  1. Love the wine and the helmet! Mom :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too have a pink helmet. AND that exact same water bottle! Insulated right?

    ReplyDelete
  3. yup! A has the white one. We're so awesome :)

    ReplyDelete