Monday, September 14, 2009

Weekend Update

It's been quite a while since I've updated my blog. Haven't felt the motivation to really. And honestly, not a lot is going on to blog about.

It's been a while since we've had a really exciting weekend. All of our "disposable" income is gone now that I've lost my job. There's no happy ending to that situ either... I'm hoping this will end soon and I can get back to work.

This weekend was pretty fun though. Friday night we made a delicious dinner and headed to Boarders for a coffee and a good read. It's always a fun and cheep way to get out and have a date night.

Saturday we woke up, fired our motorcycles and went for a nice 3 hour ride to Mt. Rainier.

We stopped 1/2 through to fill up and grab some lunch. It just so happened that the town we stopped in was having an old car show. The downtown streets were lined with old, restored cars. We walked around and gazed at the handiwork of the owners who were proudly sitting alongside their cars watching as onlookers who gawked at their prized possessions.
one of many street lined cars

We found this little sports bar called Mint along the main street of the downtown. We stopped in for a quick lunch before heading off again on our bikes. The food was absolutely delicious!! We weren't expecting much from a small town sports bar. We were just blown away at the quality of the food.
Aaron got a blue cheese burger. So tender and juicy and the bun was to die for. I ordered a Cobb salad. The ingredients were so yummy and so moist that I barely touched the salad dressing.

After lunch, we hopped on our bikes for another 1.5 hours until we finally hit Mt. Rainer National Park. There were so many different hiking trails and camping sites that it made me excited to come back for a more extended stay next time. Perhaps I'd even agree to camp!

This was an absolute beautiful drive with long winding roads. It was very fun on a bike. We stopped at the peak of Sunset trail. When we got off the bikes, this was our view:






The pictures above were pretty much a 360 degree view. Just breath taking! It took us another 3 hours to go back home. Our butts were SO sore after such a long ride but it was a blast.


Sunday was church as always. Afterwards I went to a girlfriends house for her wine and cheese party. It was a great time and nice to see some friends who I haven't seen in a while. When I came home, A was making some amazing football food: sliders and potato wedges and a salad make 100% from his garden. We ate, drank our beer, and watched My Boys beat one of their biggest rivals. It was an excellent game!
GO PACK GO!!

3 comments:

  1. looks beautiful! it must be very freeing to ride through the Creation on a bike!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I surely do love Aaron's hat.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful trip and the scenery was spectacular. Mother nature was in her glory that day!

    ReplyDelete